Fundamental to all RLP work is the commitment to gaining a thorough understanding of a client’s business, and ensuring that before a transaction, clients are well informed about valuation, potential interested parties, the key stages in a transaction process, and the likely length of time to close a transaction.
The process typically involves several phases, including the following:
- Carefully reviewing the clients’ business and strategic plans, budgets, financial results and expectations and conduct a full due diligence and ESG review
- Researching public information with respect to the current state of the market, including recent transactions relevant to the Transaction.
- Preparing a high-quality memorandum that accurately describes the business, its performance, and compelling investment merits.
- Generating a comprehensive database of potential acquirers, or investors including strategic and financial buyers, screened to fit the criteria of the seller.
- Working with the client to create a confidential competitive process designed to generate a range of favorable offers for the client to consider.
- Assisting in developing and executing the form and structure of the Transaction.
- Transforming the best offer into a completed transaction.